Please join us
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
5:30 for 6 pm
Hamilton’s Waterfront Centre
555 Bay St. N,
Hamilton, ON L8L 1H1
Speaker – Paul Benedetti, Journalism professor at UWO and an award winning author. Paul’s widely read Saturday column, has been delighting Hamilton Spectator readers for years. His talk for the evening will take us on a not so serious tour through some of the best humor writing in the 20th century and will be followed by the CFUW-Hamilton AGM.
Tickets are $45 and are available at the general meeting on April 17th. For more information please contact CFUW Hamilton
Tuesday, March 20 ,2018
780 Upper Wentworth St.,
Hamilton ON L9A 4V5
7:00-pm – 9:00 pm
The proposed resolutions for consideration at the 2018 AGM are :
- Resolution 1 :Fair and Non-Discriminatory Management of Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Resolution 2: Ending Youth Homelessness
- Resolution 3: Education to serve as a vehicle for social justice for vulnerable children living in closed religious communities
Your Action and Advocacy Committee will facilitate the discussions of the proposed resolutions .
With International Women’s Day fast approaching and the departure of the CFUW delegation to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) in less than two weeks, CFUW National has prepared this special edition of the Club Action Newsletter to reflect on the United Nations sustainable development goals and raise awareness on the key findings and issues CFUW will be discussing at this high-level with its priority theme: “Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls”.
In this issue :
– The Executive Summary of the Rural Women Survey
– Advocacy Priorities at UNCSW
– The SDG series: International Women’s Day
– Challenges in Canada’s Remote communities: A video from the students of Villa Maria College